Thursday, September 24, 2015

Apple Core Centre

Well .... not much has been happening here lately for quilting.  DH and I have been busy working on other projects.

At least my apple core centre got assembled.  Just outer borders are needed.  Oh happy days!

Do any of you get why my inner border is red?  It was chosen to resemble the outer skin of a red apple.  Clever, eh!?  :o)

The other thing that has been worked on are my tumblers.  This whole side has been sewn into rows but the rows are not sewn together just yet.
Have a great day!

8 comments:

Raewyn said...

Fun applecore with the red skin! I also like the way you have used the colour/constant lights in the 'flesh' of the apple.

julieQ said...

I love your apple core! The apple skin is the perfect touch!

Jennifer said...

Yummy, red apples......a great border idea!

Adrienne Cleave said...

Your quilt is just lovely... well done!

ferne said...

Ok, I got a chuckle out of your creative idea for the red outer border! I always add red to my quilts somewhere, but that was such a clever excuse.

Karen in Breezy Point said...

Yay! It's wonderful!!

Vicki W said...

Your apple core is going to be awesome! I love the red border.

Deb said...

you are so funny great idea! love the apple core and the idea of the skin.