Sunday, March 15, 2015

Oh stars ...

It was time to bring out my trademark stars again.  It has been a while since I played with them!

In my last post, I hinted at a new design and here is what it will be.  Initially, a design was sort of doodled, but it changed as soon as pieces started being placed on the strip of neutral fabric

With the addition of one piece after another ....
.... my idea is definitely taking shape.
Yep, I think this it it.  Or it may change .... we'll see.  Right now, all the pieces are just pinned in place.
Still adding some more pieces ...
... and this is it.  I do like this a lot.  This layout will be repeated again in the white space that you see below.  Yep, I like this!
This week, we had snow shoveled off our roof.  In places, it was waist deep.  That is just too much.
With all the noise going on with the renovations, Miss Ashes seems to be taking it in stride.   :o)
Have a great day!

8 comments:

Jayne Honnold said...

My gosh! This is turning out beautiful! Playing around with options has really paid off.

KQ Sue said...

Beautiful quilt and beautiful kitty!

Carla A Few Of My Favorite Things said...

Love the way the applique is really making those rail fence blocks so much more exciting!

Jennifer said...

Oh yes.......I like that too! Miss Ashes, you don't want to go out in all that snow, do you? The weight of the snow must put a strain on your roof, what happens to the snow when it's shovelled off? Is it all piled in your garden, waiting for spring?

Christine said...

I love seeing how you lay things out to try. So sorry about the snow!!

Deb said...

not to worry spring is on its way
ashes looks content
love how you are playing there applique dresses up all occasions

Rebecca said...

I love the way that "panel" thru the quilt breaks it up and yet brings it all together!
And the second smaller strip can not wait to see what you do with it.

Melanie said...

I love this. The applique brings it to life. The snow you have makes me feel warmer -- we've had so much winter.