Friday, February 20, 2015

Eau de Toilette and Break

Ah, the serenity of our master bedroom.  I did break down and buy a whole cloth cream coloured quilt.  My hexagon quilt looks so good folded up and displayed at the foot of the bed.  Years ago, I did take a week long workshop on how to make my own .... but you know, where will the time be found to make one?  So, next best thing ... buy one.
My quilt ladder was moved from the living room to the master bedroom.  A perfect fit, don't you agree?
Stop the press!  What in the world is that toilet (underneath a sheet) doing in the bedroom?  You guessed it.  Renovations.  The sheet was put over the toilet so that our nearly 3 yr. old niece would not use it.  You've heard the horror stores about kiddies in renovation stores using the displayed toilets?  We didn't want that to happen with us.
 Main bathroom waiting for tiles to come in.  The new tub looks gorgeous.
Basement bathroom.  That orange paint is going .... going ..... gone.  The shower tiles are staying.  they are old and funky.  I love them!
Our living room has become a painting station (once again).  There are quite a number of doors still to be painted.
Then, our brand new skylights will need to be fixed or removed.  Can you see the bulge in the wall?  Yes, we have leaks.  One way or another, I'm not going to deal with this anymore.
 This is the kitchen skylight.  Again leaks and more damage.  Can you hear me screaming?  Ugh!!!!
Good news, though.  I finally found my apple core templates.  They were misplaced during a clean-up in my studio before Christmas and it was such a relief to finally track them down.  So, this project is back up on the small design wall.
A few new additions (on the left) to my main design wall.  I will have to talk about them .... but not now. 
With all that is happening with renovations .... I will be taking a break from blogging. 

So, have a great day!

8 comments:

Sandra said...

Try focusing on the finished renovation and how much you will love it all. It is stressful working on all these projects. Your bedroom looks calm and serene if you don't see the toilet. lol Wishing it all to get better and very soon for you. Take care.

eloidastitches said...

You're right, your hexie quilt looks gorgeous on the end of your bed, and the quilt ladder looks beautiful as well. I laughed out loud about the reason for the toilet coverup. So funny! Good luck with all the renovations. Hope you can still find some time to enjoy your quilting. Good luck. I will look forward to when you are back.

Jennifer said...

That wholecloth cream quilt is a wonderful background for your quilt! Oh no, you definitely don't want that toilet used just yet. I don't blame you for wanting those orange walls gone. Wow - those skylights must be leaking quite badly.

sandi s said...

Your room is so pretty! I love your quilts and your ladder.

Sharyn Mallow Woerz said...

we just went through the same thing, replaced the tired grungy 45 year old bathroom. Tons of work, love the new space, and as we put things back together each room in the house is getting deep cleaned. Win win :) Our bedroom is neutrals too, done deliberately, so all my linens and quilts look smashing.

Carla A Few Of My Favorite Things said...

I need to have my husband make a ladder for my quilts. My small one can't hold them all. How exciting to get a whole new bathroom.

Chookyblue...... said...

renos' suck up all your time but it will be great when it is done.....

Deb said...

I see you have overcome your bordom that is for sure your so busy now!! i can`t believe the water damage that is terrible. When you are done you have so much to look forward too in your sanctuary!