Friday, October 10, 2014

Something different

Something totally different for me.

This type of pattern is not my usual style ... but what the heck ... why not try it out.  Our day guild is making this pattern and I had a bin full of blue fabric scraps.

Gumballs from McCall's Quilting, April 2008.

Guess what?  Before I knew it, one border got sewn on and then the outer borders.  Bonus ..... this top didn't sit on the shelf at all waiting for borders.  That is not like me at all.  What is going on????
Since I'm on a roll, I really should get this top marked up for machine quilting and just get it done!

Top size:  63-1/4" x 87-1/2"  

Have a great day!

4 comments:

Jennifer said...

What a fun pattern - a great use of scraps, and it looks so good in shades of one colour!

Quilting Corner said...

Since the pattern is in an old magazine it would be hard to find. Any chance the pattern will become available on your blog?
it's very nice.

Barb said...

really different and fun - I love the one color scheme!

hetty said...

I love it! That's my kind of quilt!